Click on the book cover and visit our library blog.
Now write 80-100 words about the book. You have to choose a question from each group and your writing should be about 10 lines long.
- Describe Megan’s father. What was he like? What do you think he looked like? Why did he have so much influence on his daughter’s life?
- Describe Huw’s father. What was he like? What do you think he looked like? Why did he have so much influence on his son’s life?
- What kind of woman was Megan? Describe her physical appearance and her personality.
- What kind of man was Huw? Describe his physical appearance and his personality.
- Describe Huw’s family and his relationship with his father and brother, what they did for a living there in Wales in the 40s, etc. Explain why Huw decided to go to Canada and leave Megan in Britain.
- What was Huw’s life in Canada like? Did he do well there? Was he successful? Did he have a happy life without Megan?
- What was Megan’s life like all those years without Huw? Was it sad and empty or was it full and satisfying?
- Talk about Huw and Megan’s relationship. Their love lasted a lifetime, but do you think it could be the same after fifty years? Is love the same at fifty than at fifteen?
- Write a letter from Megan to Paul explaining why she has decided to marry Huw.
- Finish writing the letter from Huw which Megan begins reading on page 26 of “Two Lives”
My lovely Megan
I still haven’t received a letter from you. I can’t believe it takes four months for letters to cross the Atlantic. What’s happened? Is something wrong?…
Click here to go to our forum and write your composition there ( you just have to click on the Answer button to add your writing to the thread) or send it to me by email.